Thursday, May 8, 2008

One Down

I have offically finished my last term paper for my seminary degree!!! It feels very good and is quite exciting. With that I have one major project down. The next step is fully starting to raise support. I have a support letter that I will be sending out in the next couple of days and then will continue contacting churches to seek support.

I had my 30th birthday this past monday and that was a lot of fun. Thank you to all who wished me happy birthday and to those who made it out to the party, it was a night to remember. I couple weeks ago I had the pleasure of driving around two members of the CAI theological team and sitting in on a meeting they had with Greg Boyd. This was an amazing experience to just sit and listen to the discussion that these great minds had. For most of the conversaiton I was just trying to keep up and it showed me that I have a lot more reading and thinking to do. This was a very encouraging experience because I was able to get a feel for where I could be of help with the academic side of CAI and it looks as though I will be able to make a contribution.

I have been challenged and excited about all that has unfolded the past month. Being approved by CAI, and getting a better idea of where I can fit into this organization has been a comfort to myself. With that it gives me a better idea of how to be preparing myself for what is to come. A lot is happening on the personal side of my life and that is good...lots of friends having babies and getting married, always cheerful events.

Prayer requests are:
1) That I would continue to be connected with people for support.
2) That God would continue to shape me and challenge me in these last months.
3) That I would be free from illness over the next couple of months.

I thank you all for your support in all its forms and continue to pray for all of you.

Blessings,
Jason

No comments: