Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Conversations


Hello all,

Well, this past week was more like normal. No trips to ole’ England, no crazy occurrences, no new challenges to face, just a normal week…or was it, actually it was, I just like adding the effect.

This past week started off pretty normal, we had our staff meeting, which is always a lot of fun to hear about what is going on in all the different parts of the church. Then I headed up to Amsterdam. When I got up to Amsterdam then the week took off. I had a couple very good conversations in relation to a role with CAI. I had a very good time brainstorming different options and helping to clarify how my passions can line up with what CAI is doing in the coming years. I was very encouraged by these couple of processing talks.

In a way last week was the week of big conversations. I am closing in on the end of my internship and most of my energy is being focused on helping to leave well and also, planning for my return to Europe. I think I had 5 significant conversations with CAI leaders that have helped me to get a clearer picture of the needs within CAI and also, how I can help meet those needs in the coming years. This past week was a big encouragement in relation to my future here in Europe.

Now to Basketball, the boys are improving every week now, they are getting it! But still they are a long way from being able to play in a game and be competitive and last week was a reminder to them of that. At the end of practice we played a full-court scrimmage and they were unable to put into practice the things we had worked on. This was a blessing in disguise because all the kids were able to see how the things we have been drilling on are all parts of the game. We were also able to clarify, that one person is not able to guard an entire team by himself.

Heim, a 9 year old originally from Israel, was guarding Kelton in our scrimmage. Kelton scored all 9 of his team’s points. After we were talking a little bit about defense and Heim asked, why can’t one person just guard the whole team? Well Heim, I said, who were you guarding, Kelton, he replied, and how many points did Kelton score? 9, he said. I asked why did he score 9 points, Heim, shrugged his shoulders, and then said, because I was chasing the ball around. I said, “YES!!” It was a simple lesson, but a very important one to learn. What Heim learned last week was; team work. Everyone plays a role and everyone joins in the victory or loss, but you do it together.

With the past week and all the conversations the point for me is figuring out how I fit in to the CAI team. It is a very exciting time for me and I am looking forward the future and how I can help the ministry here in Europe.

On a more somber note, I found out that Warren Walleen died this past weekend. Most of you probably don’t know who Warren is or was, but Warren was the grandfather of two of my closest friends and a very close friend of our family. I can’t speak enough kind words about Warren, he was a kind, generous, caring man, who taught me a lot by his example and covered me with his prayers. I know that I will miss him dearly and I pray for my friends’ the Johnsons, the Reike’s, and of course his lovely wife Jackie. I can say with great gratitude that I am a better man because I knew Warren Walleen.

Thank you all,
Jason Cutshall

Prayer Requests:
1) Pray for peace – the next couple of months will be very full with travel, big decisions, and big events. I will need peace throughout this time and discipline to take time with God everyday.
2) Money – Pray that God would provide for me, my family, and my friends. I want to be a good steward of what God has given me and I also know that times are tough and money is an issue for many people, me included.
3) Pray for a Coach – I need that person who can see my life from the sideline and help give advice on what I am doing well and what I need to work on, right now Kevin Johnson is doing a great job of that, but as I move into a new role in the coming months I will need a new coach in life and career.
4) Emotions – Due to some significant events that have taken place back in Minnesota (father’s birthday, sister’s engagement, Warren’s death, and others) I am getting struck with a bit of homesickness, pray that God would help me to not ignore this, but to engage and figure out how to work through these events emotionally, even though I am 4,000 miles away. There are lots of good things happening in The Hague as well and this is part of the job, but not an easy part by any means.
5) Pray for Crossroads Church – that the ministry would continue to go forth and that God would give a clear vision for the future and open new doors for this congregation.

1 comment:

David said...

We are praying for you. Don't worry about giving Kara crap about the wedding, I am doing that in loads. If there is something I can do for you here, let me know.