Monday, January 26, 2009

Starting to see clearly


Glasses, originally uploaded by cutjas.

Hello all,

Well the holidays are now becoming a memory, and all my transition has pretty much finished. After the dust settled, when I look back here are the new things, I have a new computer, a new place to live, I preached my first sermon, borrowed another bike, and am starting to officially learn Dutch. Yes, it was quite a whirlwind month and a half.

Over the past week I was able to have some good time to relax and catch up on sleep, that will not be the case this week..This coming Saturday I am leading a seminary on Strengths Finder. This is an exiting thing for me and hopefully it will benefit the people involved.

Also, today in about 20 min I have my first Dutch lesson, this should be interesting to see how I do. I am excited to start learning this language that I have been surrounded by for the past 5 months, but for many reasons have not been able to engage fully. Well, its time to jump in the pool.

I did start coaching the little kids basketball team again a couple weeks ago. This was a hard practice, in that the kids had forgot everything they learned in the previous months. We had to have a couple talks with two kids so that they understood if they don't pay attention then they won't be able to run the plays, and won't be able to play in the games. This sounded harsh, but really I believe we are starting to teach these kids about more that sport and that excites me to see if they step up to the challenge.

In regards to my future I am getting very excited about how my role in Christian Associates is developing. I don't have any for sure, but I have had good conversations with several people about who I am and what I can do to help. Thankfully, they agreed and we are proceeding forward. That means that I have a good chance to come back over to Europe in the coming year, which is something I would very much like to do.

This past week, my father turned 60, yes 60. That was hard to not be there to celebrate on his birthday, but he had a big party and I am sure a great time. I really appreciate my father, a lot. He has been a great role model for me and honestly I would not be where I am today without him. Thanks dad.

The title of this post is "Starting to see clearly" and that is what's happening. I believe that I am getting a clearer picture of where my life is going in the near future, there are still a lot of things that need to fall into place for my future in Europe to continue, but I am hopeful.

As I continue to grow and be challenged I look forward to the coming months and regardless of where I end up. I know that this time will help to shape the rest of my life.

Thanks,
Jason

Prayer Requets:

1) Praise my dad made it to 60, haha, no, praise for my father and the man he is and the relationship we have.

2) Continued clarity as I move forward in Europe, where to go, what to do...etc.

3) Pray for my travels, that they would be relaxing and helpful to those I am working with.

2 comments:

Jen said...

cool news cutsch...excited to see where you end up next yr!

I said...

me too